Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Summary Of Helvetica The Movie



Well, to start off I don't like or know much about Helvetica and/or fonts but seeing half of this movie has increased my knowledge about Helvetica and/or fonts. With the movie though, it showed me that much of the media was involved around fonts or more specifically Helvetica. Like the movie shows us is that most or all the media was/is created by the font Helvetica. Most movie titles, CD covers, videogame covers, and all sorts of other advertisements all use Helvetica. The movie shows us that and more.

I didn't really know how the movie ended because I wasn't in class the last day to watch it but I've learned from the movie Helvetica that most people if not all people identify a lot of things by ho the type of font such things are(advertisements etc.). They learn where and how these media arts come from just by the font. With Helvetica, it's all around us and all sorts of people are starting to see where and how it comes from and how much it influences our lives. The only thing people don't know is how deep the movie's meaning is and where it came from, which I can't even realize too because of how complex Helveticas birth came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment